DNP Project: Evidence-Based PICOT Question The purpose of this assignment is to draft an appropriate and effective PICOT question that can be related to your DNP project.
Keep in mind your project will continue to evolve and take more specific shape as you move through your program. That is expected. It is important to begin with a workable PICOT question in mind so that you start off on the right track and can continue to refine your area in subsequent courses. Consider an advanced practice nursing care problem or issue related to your intended DPI Project. Conduct a search in the GCU Library using CINAHL, The Cochrane Library, the Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI), OVID, or Sage Research Methods databases to find appropriate empirical resources regarding applicable nursing intervention research.
• Doctoral learners are required to use Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is not required.
• You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
• Review the “PICOT Decision Pathway” and “PICOT Selection Guidelines” resources.
NOTE: PROPOSED PICOT QUESTION “Are families, nurses, and the organizations responsible for the medication administration errors within the pediatric care units?” This question is based on the literature review of the article by Albara Alomari and his colleague.
The targeted population is the pediatric patients of ages 4 years. Directions:
• Utilizing your feedback you have received on your draft PICOT question from Topic 2 DQ1, create a draft PICOT question specifically related to your project. This PICOT will be revised and in Topic 8 will be submitted for approval by the college.
• Use the “PICOT Decision Pathway” to determine if your PICOT question is appropriate and can be supported with substantial research.
• Using the “PICOT Question Template”, formulate an evidence-based practice (EBP) question that pertains to your project focus.
• In addition to your evidence-based practice PICOT question, prepare a brief abstract about your topic.
Include a rationale for why you have selected this topic and why you believe it is in line with the PICOT selection guidelines. If you have selected a route that advises caution on the “PICOT Decision Pathway” explain how you think you might mitigate complications that could occur to ensure you are able to successfully accomplish your project in a timely manner.